Corny

Embedded document disappearing after export

Hello designers and support.

I've noticed something wrong with embedded .afdesign documents into artboard. 
In design, I using placed (for example logotypes) documents and after export as JPG or PDF file, those parts are empty, before update everything was fine. I use presets created before and the layers aren't hidden in export persona.

What I do wrong?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Uses: Affinity Designer and Photo | Beta Publisher

Would you be able to PM me a link to your Affinity file so I can take a look as exporting to a JPEG should rasterise everything. My tests so far exporting to PDF can't reproduce the issue, all my embedded document show after exporting.

13 minutes ago, Lee D said:

Would you be able to PM me a link to your Affinity file so I can take a look as exporting to a JPEG should rasterise everything. My tests so far exporting to PDF can't reproduce the issue, all my embedded document show after exporting.

I sent you PM. Please check it. Thanks.

I had exactly the same issue. I noticed that some of the embedded documents disappeared, but some didn't. The only difference between them I noticed was that the disappearing ones had artboards while the not-disappearing ones hadn't. After removing the artboards from disappearing affinity embedded files, they started to appear in the exported PDFs/PNGs.

12 hours ago, huubjonkers said:

i'm experiencing the same issue. Is there already a solution for this problem?

I didn't find a solution. The only way is to open an embedded document and move as a group into the main document. 

Gotta love late night post-export frustrations on Affinity...

Seriously this issue pretty much wipes out any usefulness of their embedded document feature.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions