You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am falling in love with Publisher.  I have found what appears to be a "bug", but perhaps it is a pdf issue, not Affinity.  I have found that when I export to a pdf, and view that pdf on my PC, it appears fine.  However, if that same pdf is downloaded and viewed on a Mac or an Ipad, in every instance where there are two "f"s together (off, affinity, affectionate etc), the two f's are not there.  I have found the problem is consistent on all 4 different Ipads I have access to and the one Mac I have access to.  I will attempt using a different font.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ghuggins

Welcome to the forum and great to hear you're enjoying using Publisher! :) I have been experimenting with this issue and I am unable to replicate it at the moment. 

On 9/13/2018 at 6:33 AM, ghuggins said:

I will attempt using a different font.

Did you have the same issue using different fonts at all? Any feedback on this would be appreciated :)

Many thanks. 

If using Preview on the Mac, it may be Preview not working (it really kinda sucks as a proper PDF viewer). If you are using Adobe Reader on the Mac that's a different issue.

It may be the font is not embedded properly if Reader doesn't show the ligatures.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.