You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Append Publisher Pages

While waiting for the implementation of Book functionality in Publisher it might be a good idea to implement Append Pages to Publisher documents first.

This obviously raises an issue of importing pages of different sizes. But this can be checked during the import and disallow if pages to not match dimension-wise.

Or simply allow pages to be automatically rescaled during the import.

Combining documents this way has many benefits whether the Book functionality is there or not.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

10 hours ago, Seneca said:

This obviously raises an issue of importing pages of different sizes.

Publisher already allows pages of different sizes, via Spread Properties. So if appending/importing were allowed, different pages sizes should not pose a big problem. (There may be other big problems, of course. I can guess at a few, but only the Serif developers are likely to know all of them :) )

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

Publisher already allows pages of different sizes,

Thanks Walt.farrell, I forgot about that.

What I had mostly in mind was working on a book divided into chapters, and each chapter on a separate file.
Once done it would be really great to be able to put the book together (in anticipation for the Book facility in Publisher).

But like I said earlier, this should be a great feature irrespective whether the Book facility is there or not.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

yes please..   its affinity publishers weakes part, that some funktionality for longer dokuments are not implemented ore not as intelligent implemented as i hoped...    (think for example of positioning frames on the master...  as it gets discussed here all the time..) 

also this suggestion points to a good direction