Sign in to follow this  
ffca

Saving Pantone Spot Colors to System Palette

I keep color swatch books for all my clients. Coming from Adobe, I can just create a swatch collection for each client and upload to Creative Cloud. Then when I need to work on something for that client I simply load their folder and have all my swatches ready to use.

I thought I could do the same thing with Affinity's Palette system, but I am running into issues. In order for a Palette to be available to all Affinity programs, I have to make System Palettes. It works, except when it comes to saving Spot colors (I need a set of Pantone colors). When I try to save a Pantone swatch in the System palette, the swatch gets saved to a new Document palette instead. This does me no good because next time I start a new document, I have to go looking for all the swatches.

Furthermore, I cannot make them Global.

Am I missing something? Or will I have to create an Application palette each time and export that to import into the other 2 programs every time? That will get annoying if I have to update their color schemes down the road. 

Hi ffca,

Unfortunately its not possible to have a system palette at the moment however this has been requested in the past so may be added in the future. 

Thanks

C