You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Mask Over Arbitrary Layers

I am creating a composite of images masked by type.

I'd like to be able to move layers of images beneath the type until I have something I'm happy with.

Currently I know how to create a clipping mask over a single image, and I can also duplicate the Type layer and create multiple masks that fit together like the attached.

Is there a way to just mask all layers beneath a text layer and only allow whats below to show through within the text layer?

Untitled.jpg

You can nest an unlimited number of objects within a parent object.

Can't you simply put all your images inside the text?

Create your type and drag anything you want clipped inside the text within the layers panel.

1698692849_AffinityNestMultipleObjects.gif.21fc9150184c2d12a4cc10123b6edbcc.gif

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

2 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

Create your type and drag anything you want clipped inside the text within the layers panel. 

Ah Perfect. So you put the images INTO the the text layer as child objects of that layer, then they display as the FILL for the text. Beautiful. Thank you.

Yep, Affinity can mask and clip. They are similar but different. I find that I do much more clipping than masking in graphic design type work. 

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro