Sign in to follow this  
Morgoth

Getting started before getting started

I wanted to post this to ask, before I get started working with AP what are some solid resources for someone new to DTP to learn about producing both printed and PDF works? I know and understand that AP is just a Beta package right now. For that reason my comments or suggestions about its improvement are covered by the more professional users here. So far, my experience has been positive, if a bit fumbling at times. I understand that documentation directly related to AP will come later. My stumbling blocks right now have more to do with understanding the jargon used in the publishing field. I have written a few pieces for an independent publisher in the tabletop gaming industry but, these were simply word documents laid out in advance. I just added text in the appropriate places. Now I find myself in the position of doing the whole thing from scratch and wow, there is so much to learn and understand.