You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager: need of Customization

Hello !

I'm still amazed at what Publisher can do but i found it a bit hard to process with update for linked files.
i propose the assistant that pop-up to tell us linked files have been changed or updated should also propose us: Update Linked files Yes or NO.

if Yes then, open the resource manager and we should select the corresponding file (make an icon next to it that tells us which one need to be updated or re-checked) and click update.
Also please, make resource manager less hidden into menus and more reachable, even as a button on the top bar (close to synch/unsynch button???).

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

I also would like the ability to dock the Resource manger in the studio.

Also, It would be great to change and add for categories to the manager to bar.

Color space, Icc, Original DPI..ect. Items that are already in the detail view once you click on them. It would be nice to get a over all view of the assets in your document without the need of clicking on each one.

Yes agree...

But also Please...     by clicking on Content in the Workarea...  give the abiltiy to select the footage directly inside of the ressourcemanager as a rightclick option.. ans also a rightclick option to select the footage, if linked on your harddrive..  and same from inside of the ressource manager..

I sometime use this funktionality in indesign if i want to use some of the content for other work..   select content on harddrive..

would make live easier.

I've noticed a kind of bug in resource manager.
By selecting 2 linked objects (shift+click) then click update button for both to be updated at once ... the second one just disappear on the manager but still exist on the spread.

Then closed the project (keeping Publisher open) tried to re-open the same project and boom got a message saying "a recovery file was found" asking if i wanted to open that file etc. tried both proposed options but it keep saying the file was unavailable.
Had to completely close Publisher, start again and load the project to have it working, not only that needed to re-link/reindex the other object (it was still there but not present in the resource manager).

Also there is nothing else than the rapid alert that displays when an object is updated, no alert icon in resource manager, no alert icon in the main window that will attract our attention.

Please guys ; we hope this get sorted soon.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3