I enable “snap to baseline” because its necessary for my document format. However that also effects my text in my tables... i want to be able to have snap to baseline applied to all my documents except the tables so i can modify my tables however i please without text snapping constraints . 

25 minutes ago, Aaron Martin said:

I enable “snap to baseline” because its necessary for my document format. However that also effects my text in my tables... i want to be able to have snap to baseline applied to all my documents except the tables so i can modify my tables however i please without text snapping constraints . 

As @A_B_C mentioned the other day, you can do that with text styles. For example, looking at the Baseline Grid definition for the Table Body style, it's currently set to inherit the Baseline snapping from the Body style. Just turn that off, and it will stop inheriting that attribute and your table text shouldn't snap to the Baseline any more.

baseline.png.b6eb613151aeaa678d46ad21372160e7.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

That is possible. Simply select the text in your table cell, go to the Paragraph Panel, and disable Align to baseline grid. This won’t have any effect on any other part of your document besides the selected one. Or use a text style, as Walt mentioned (a second ago). :)

Baseline.png.967b558958d008af041d80c760430239.png