Hello!

I am trying to recreate the Photoshop feature "Create clipping mask".  When I go to the help section in the program it self it won't load any links...

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do this?

Thanks,

Paul :)

I see if you have a stroke the image goes inside the stroke itself. With all the other graphics apps I have used it just clips the fill space inside the object area. That's interesting. My first impression is that this way of doing it is good and bad at the same time. In some ways I need to see the object I am drawing around which I can't do if there is a fill in the way. I guess this means that you have to draw the object and then remember to apply a fill before applying the clipping path. Maybe that is ok.

Hi, I cannot seem to get this to apply a proper clipping mask.  This makes it really hard to do non-destructive logo. You have to apply combine and subtracts.

T72h6A24lh.gif

Also noticed this:

reksgU9AxO.gif

Hi lukepighetti,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

What are you trying to achieve? Something like this (.afdesign file attached below)? 

post-59-0-82367100-1441289578_thumb.png

MEBsample.afdesign

If you change the zoom level the artefact still remains on screen (in your second example)?

Go to the Preferences, Performance section and check Use Precise clipping. It should remove those artefacts.

Thanks. You know this moment when you are fool blind? What I found was the possibility to mask the shaped area and then fill it – so I lost the shape itself. Next time I'll use your method…