You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can you fit frame to text in a text frame?

59 minutes ago, prophet said:

I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation where I would like to show overflow text vs. always having it hidden.

It is a helpful troubleshooting tool to quickly see what and how much text is overflowing, so you can easily make an informed decision about what solution to use. Sometimes the overset text is just a superfluous trailing carriage return.

1 hour ago, prophet said:

I would rather see the indication of overset

You can do that now. To show or not to show the overset text is of course the user's choice. Some like it; others, such as yourself, can just turn it off; still others will turn it on or off as needed. I'm in that last category. Usually I leave overset hidden, but when there is overset text, I often switch on the overset text for diagnostics.

1 hour ago, prophet said:

And the corollary of sorts, why would I want the text box to snap to fit only the visible text?

I agree with you on that. Does anyone here prefer the current behavior in this regard?

• 1 year later...

OLD THREAD....DIDNT WANT TO START A NEW ONE...BUT HAS THIS BEEN ADDED?

I LOVE THE NEW DRAW AND NEW PHOTO PROGRAMS, BUT AS I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT, PUBLISHER IS JUST NOT GOOD FOR ME AT ALL BECAUSE ITS LACKING NEARLY EVERY DETAIL LIKE THIS FEATURE THAT I WAS USED TO USING. 

HAS THE AUTO FIT FOR TEXT FRAMES BEEN ADDED TO PUBLISHER AT THIS POINT?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I am really interested in this and still can't figure out. Hoping the new version V2 had addressed it but can't figure out how to do it. Arrg. I too was a diligent PagePlus (10 yrs)  user and the move was a big difficult but i do really love Affinity but the curve was something for me. Here's hoping its here somewhere. Still lots for me to learn even at least a year later.