You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print problem

I really LOVE the facilities in Publisher, especially in the Print section where I can select "Booklet" but, I'm having real problems in getting it to output correctly. I set the spreads up as Letter size and the print (to PDF) as A3 but, the output is completely wrong, only "printing" portions of each page. Maybe I have the setup wrong but I've tried just about every possible combination and just can't get it to output correctly.

sept 2018-8.pdf

sept_2018-6.afpub

39 minutes ago, john77477 said:

I set the spreads up as Letter size and the print (to PDF) as A3 but, the output is completely wrong, only "printing" portions of each page.

A3 usually refers to a size in the European/metric ‘A’ series, which is incompatible with the North American ‘Letter’ size. If you want the printed result to fold to portrait Letter format, you need landscape Tabloid spreads (and if you want to print on Letter paper for folding to portrait ½-Letter, the spread would again need to be landscape rather than portrait).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi john77477,
You say you've printed to PDF,  but you don't say what PDF printer have you used? I've just tried this using the Adobe PDF and don't get any stretching like you are seeing either - see attached!

However like Alfred said, using A3 is incompatible and will give end up cropping the edges of the pages off. A3 page landscape is 42cm (or 16.53inches), and if you place two Letter sized documents next to each other like your document you get 17 inches (or 43.18cm), so you are going to be losing a quarter of an inch or so from each side of the page!

sept_2018-6.pdf

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.