You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NEED: Ability to localize Master Page items

Every item created on a Master Page should be able to be made local on the child page. InDesign handles this by CNTRL+SHIFT+CLICK and I use it in virtually every project.

The lack of this feature makes Master Pages far less useful. 

Consider it requested!

PS: I have purchased everything Serif offers in the Affinity line, really pulling for you guys! Publisher is the last step I need to quit the evil Adobe ecosystem. Thank you for all your efforts!

I'm not sure if I understand your request correctly, but... If you right-click on a page icon or when a many are selected, and click "Apply Master..." and then select the master page you want and click OK, your master page design will be reflected in all pages.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

3 minutes ago, AlainP said:

I'm not sure if I understand your request correctly, but... If you right-click on a page icon or when a many are selected, and click "Apply Master..." and then select the master page you want and click OK, your master page design will be reflected in all pages.

This is not what I mean.

After you apply a Master to all pages, I would like the ability to selectively override those Master Page items on any page it's been applied to.

For example, if I have a Page Number on the Master Page but I want to delete it on some pages to avoid a conflict with a graphic on those pages.

Or another example, I have a Master Page set up to define elements in a product line that include 10 variations of a single item. I want to be able to override the Name and change it for each item, change colors, and swap out UPC codes. But overall keep the same basic structure. If I can click on the elements that I want to change, it makes this process fast and easy.

What ffca means is; if you have a master page applied ro a certain page and want to get rid of one of the elements on the normal page (i.e. you want no page number on a certain page, you can click with Ctrll+Shift on this element and make it local for this page, Then you can change it or delete it only for this single page.

PS: Oh, too slow! ;-)

52 minutes ago, Pebowski said:

What ffca means is; if you have a master page applied ro a certain page and want to get rid of one of the elements on the normal page (i.e. you want no page number on a certain page, you can click with Ctrll+Shift on this element and make it local for this page, Then you can change it or delete it only for this single page.

PS: Oh, too slow! ;-)

Too slow but perfectly correct!