I have some JPEG+RAW photos taken with my Fuji F600EXR camera. I was surprised tonight that when I processed the RAW version of one of the shots using Affinity Photo it was significantly larger physically than the JPEG version which the camera produced. Overall I felt that the quality of the image, once I tweaked it, was better than the camera generated JPEG, with better colours, but I was surprised at the extra "border" to the shot. Is this normal with RAW?

I have no camera that produces RAW. But I found this Affinity related article helped me understand what was going on. Maybe it will give you a clue.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Typically the camera sensor produces more pixels than the manufacturer advertises, but the pixels around the edges may be less accurate than the other pixels. So most software ignores you "extra" pixels and never shows them to you.

Affinity Photo, on the other hand, includes them so you can make the decision yourself, in case you decide they have useful info.

That's one possible reason. There may be others, but we'd probably need to have additional info such the lens you're using (if that camera supports multiple lenses.)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta