You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a free iOS 10 Assets Set installed on Designer, and initially it was accessible in Publisher Beta 1.7.0.58, but after I started a new category of Assets and began constructing and adding common use page elements into that new asset category, I attempted to add a 2 Text Boxes with a text flow link between them, and a picture frame placeholder with wrap parameters set. After trying to drag this newly made asset into the page, the text boxes reversed order. Deleting the asset and trying to rebuild it and add it to the Assets palette so the boxes will appear in the correct order, the application crashed.

Now when I relaunch it, even when no document is open, clicking the Assets palette next to the Pages palette causes an instant crash.

I expect this behavior to get fixed eventually, but in the meantime, how do I delete / reset / uninstall / fix the Assets palette content so clicking it doesn't crash the Publisher app? Note: iOS 10 Assets are still accessible from Designer without crash, but my newly created Category, subcategory, and assets made in Publisher aren't available to Designer at all (not even listed).

I assume fixing the Assets Palette crash will require modding or deleting plists or kexts or deleting library folders or caches? Any guidance is appreciated.

12 hours ago, EvlD said:

I have a free iOS 10 Assets Set installed on Designer, and initially it was accessible in Publisher Beta 1.7.0.58 ...

AFAIK, Designer & Publisher do not share Assets -- each app has its own Assets categories that can be exported to .afassets files that can be imported into the other app, but you have to do that manually. Each app maintains separate categories, so adding an asset to one app does not add it to the other app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi EvlD,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm not sure how did you get the text frames in reverse order after dragging them out from the Assets panel. Was the text frames grouped with the picture frame or all separate? How was the original structure you dragged to the assets panel?

Do you mind attaching the assets file (assets.propcol) here. You can find it here:
/Users/{your username}/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/user/assets.propcol

To fix the crash, press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the app, tick Reset Assets (plus keep the first three checked as well) then press the Clear button.

Before hearing back from this forum, I already deleted most Publisher files in the Library and that made the app boot again, but now I can't upload the assets file. It was 2 text boxes (the left one with text and applied text styles already in it, and the right box blank but with a text flow link from the first box to it) with a picture placeholder frame with tight text-wrapping parameter set on top and in the middle of the 2 text boxes, then all 3 items grouped, then that group selected, and the Assets palette option Add from Selection was how I added it.

Dragging it back out would swap the 2 text boxes across the horizontal (right box has styled text and the left box blank).

I did include the document I had been working on because opening it crashes the Publisher app. I was able to work on it yesterday, but after rebooting and trying to open it today the document makes the app crash (at least on my system, even after  cache reset suggested above, and even a reinstall). Any advice or guidance around this document? It's not mission critical so if it's lost it's no biggie, but if it can be salvaged I'd like to know how, and if it's obvious what in the doc is triggering the crash I'd like to know so I can avoid doing it again.

BP NOW Template 2018.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.