You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Separation Bug

Hi

Here and also in Designer is a color separation Bug at placed 8bit greyscale images.
After export to PDF/X-3 für the printing company, the 8bit greyscal image convert to CMYK color space, not to the correct greyscale space. Mor information in the File.

The files for bug replicaton und separation tests attached.

Test-Pub-Separation.zip

I had the same problem.

Affinity Photo

image.png.738d0479fb0344fcd1c977460cebafdf.png

Affinity Designer

image.png.f5bb7cae5b0fcf0f13df7a144c54cf4d.png

But what work is:

Export your Affinity Designer graphic as TIFF.

Open the file in Affinity Photos converting it to CMYK/8Bit. Add a Black and White filter.

image.png.28920517057d308ede664acb90748b89.png

then export your image, choose Tiff CMYK.

image.png.3058da4c56a277bbdd4946f1abd5a488.png

to prove if grey is grey i placed the new image to Affinity Designer:

image.png.2bdb2601db11618dc8934725e23f1e20.png

Ok nice. I'm not the only one :) Thank you for your confirmation of the problem. I hope this wil be fixed.

And Tiff is an old, not flexible or perfect fileformat. I d'not us it at 10 or 15 Jears a go. I know, other countries like to use this. And, even older formats... also some stupides SWOP formats, for the colors. I struggle every day with such outdated... unfortunately and hopelessly... USA, first... forget it. Not in the printing branche. Sorry, for the last line, it's fact not my personal opinion.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean P

Thank you i hope. It's also an Bug in AF Designer. My bug reporting in Designer is a long time bevore (2017) but, i think he have this in the fix pipline. That this bug no designer has seen or disturbed, am always surprising me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.