You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edge of photo showing through filled shape on top of it

I have a jpeg image in my design with a filled rectangle over part of it. The edge of the photo is showing from behind as a dashed line going through my rectangle. I thought maybe it would disappear when I exported as a PDF but it still shows. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a glitch with Affinity. Does anyone know how to fix this?

(image attached. It is going through the "Change the World" rectangle)

Thanks.

Grads4Good_8x9_PRINT_Brochure_Page1_10SEP2018.pdf

Have you tried redrawing the grey rectangle, also check the blend mode of the grey rectangle layer

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for your reply. After I posted i realized I may not have described the situation correctly. I have the image on top of the rectangle so I can have the balloon going over it but have part of the picture with an "erased" layer on it to take away the brick wall from around the balloon. Hope this makes sense.

When I take away the rectangle you can still see the edge of the image showing on the layer below that.

Could you not just run the eraser over the line to remove it?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

could you attach the actual file?

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Could you not just run the eraser over the line to remove it?

Ok, you just helped me a ton there. If you can't tell, I'm self-taught and didn't know there was an eraser in affinity designer like there was in affinity photo. I searched it and found the pixel persona, selected it and the eraser appeared! Erased those marks right off! Thank you so much!! That will come in so handy.