You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global Colours by default

I've not seen anyone suggest this yet - I've already requested in the Designer pages - massive time saver = Global colours by default maybe with a pref option to turn it off (can't think of a reason I'd want to turn off)

Also FX scale on by default could save a ton of bother

Also rasterising artwork on a page should be able to rasterise to bleed - so frustrating that it currently crops to the trim size 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Just now, Dazmondo77 said:

I've not seen anyone suggest this yet - I've already requested in the Designer pages - massive time saver = Global colours by default maybe with a pref option to turn it off (can't think of a reason I'd want to turn off)

Also FX scale on by default could save a ton of bother

Also rasterising artwork on a page should be able to rasterise to bleed - so frustrating that it currently crops to the trim size 

#1. I suggested this (normal to some/mast other applications) the first time I used AD. And now with APub it really is needed...and stop naming them Global altogether...especially when spot color comes from a spot color library.

FX Scale with...ought to be at least sticky.

Rasterizing ought not to clip to anything. I'm quite capable of doing so myself.

I've taken InDesign for granted for years with global colours - such a pain in the trutocks to have to set up a document colour palette on start of a job to get globals - if  the they were to make global the standard they wouldn't have to bother with the silly 'global colour5' naming - Just had a request for a 2 fold dl leaflet setup reflex blue and black but can't fathom why theres no way of colouring up a greyscale tiff in spots, another thing we've taken for granted for years ---- oh well back to InDesign for that job

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

I could work around not being able to recolor images with spots if Affinity applications would at least allow eps and pdf n-channels to honor spot colors. It would then only be a minor inconvenience to do the mono or duotone in PS, Corel Photopaint, or whatever and export a pdf or eps and place it.

So yep, just gotta use another application for such work. 

• 2 years later...

Convert all colours to global would be a top time saver, as even though I jump through hoops trying to setup all documents with a global palette, theres always a few elements that fall through the gaps - thank heavens for select same, before which it was a massive job to get a job ready for print, as I have clients that like to sign off a job, then just add " we need this asap.... also Beverley hates green so change to orange" (which obviously needs re-proofing) the problem with select same is in a Pub doc theres no way to make it document wide so on large documents you have to go through the same 'select same' motions on every page whereas if there was a way of setting up a document to force globals a last minute colour change would be as simple as InDesign🤨    

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Thanks for the tip Wosven - I'll have a play with that at some point - should half the faff (in theory)👍

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk