You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

This panel should be visible by default since so many people are having trouble finding it and it looks to be a very used panel.

FWIW, it was very easy for me to find its View > Studio menu entry when I type "Frame" into the Help menu search field. Once I opened it from the menu as a floating panel, I decided that for me the best place for it was in the 'left studio' tab group, along with the Pages & Assets panels, so I dragged it there. I have done the same with the Table Studio panel, & probably will make other changes as well.

As I have done with the other Affinity apps, I also made a custom keyboard shortcut for "Hide Left Studio." That allows me to quickly show or hide that whole Studio area as needed.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

This panel should be visible by default since so many people are having trouble finding it and it looks to be a very used panel.

If all useful panels are displayed your document will disappear....

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

2 hours ago, AlainP said:

If all useful panels are displayed your document will disappear....

As it is, on my 27" iMac it is hard to find an arrangement that has just all the 'most used' panels visible at the same time & still have more than a tiny area left for the document.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

14 hours ago, R C-R said:

As it is, on my 27" iMac it is hard to find an arrangement that has just all the 'most used' panels visible at the same time & still have more than a tiny area left for the document.

My resolution is 1440p on my 24inch monitor and I have all the most used studios available in a comfortable arrangement.

856525759_ScreenShot2018-09-12at9_34_29AM.thumb.png.c2f144303334a20863ea1d1bf4065b7e.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.37.07 AM.png

52 minutes ago, rjvela82 said:

My resolution is 1440p on my 24inch monitor and I have all the most used studios available in a comfortable arrangement.

Having them available in tabs is not the same as having all of them visible at the same time. If you dragged each of those tabbed studios out so they were all visible without switching between tabs, I doubt there would even be room for all of them, much less leaving any screen space for your document.

Affinity Photo 

19 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Having them available in tabs is not the same as having all of them visible at the same time. If you dragged each of those tabbed studios out so they were all visible without switching between tabs, I doubt there would even be room for all of them, much less leaving any screen space for your document.

I think that kind of user must have dreams of being an airplane pilot.