You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Branch to HTML 5 and web pages

This product appears to be limited to paper and printing products. The world is moving to world wide internet consumption.  Last month we upgraded our connection to Fiber Optic Gigabit (1000mbps) cable.  
After reviewing all the small tutorials, I can see similarities to:

Native web page design products;
output packages for email display but not .exe flavor; 
output packages for embedding into our html5 web page;
output packages that can be downloaded to be displayed on mobile devices across universal HTML 5 web browsers using WebGL and CL video drivers;
output packages that are designed to be responsive.  Meaning to be displayed on a variety of screen sizes 5 to 32 + inch screen sizes;
Linked external or embedded graphics should include: Video clips and 360° imaging.

Affinity Photo also  editing 360° equirectangle 2:1 aspect ratio imaging.

Good work so far

Dave still at http://360texas.com

Fort Worth, Texas, USA

360texas45x145.png.5010085b8e416bd91bd1ceae8235573c.png

The world is wrong.  Deal with it.

The primary target of this software has already been clearly defined as printed material, though the Affinity team has already indicated they do plan on adding some level of support for a currently unspecified set of ebook formats at some point.

This is NOT a web site designer, nor would I for one wish it to become one - wrong kind of tool for that.  Web sites need to have a responsive layout, which is in conflict with the form of design this program handles - it is designed for producing materials with a fixed layout.

The only way to reasonably support both in one program without a significant compromise would be to have two different types of documents - a responsive document and a fixed-format document - but then it may as well be a separate program, which could be more focused on the intended task, so not much value in that approach.

I agree... the world is wrong... but you would not be able to tell so much with internet advertising, banking and online customer buying products.

For us its digital delivery - its a faster way to get our product information to our clients - read as repeat business and larger cash flow.
Yes, we did deal with it.  We work only in digital imaging and digital delivery even with communications,  billing and payments.
Our city newspaper went digital few years ago and never looked back.  Federal, State and local governments are online and dropping paper document processing.

If it is paper you need to deliver your content (read snail mail) or point of purchase sales.. go for it... the US Postal System will certainly appreciate your money. 
Not so much with retail because "paper" is an added sales cost and that means added product cost.  Paper advertising products are not an added value, it is  just a step in "sales' to get the paying client in the door to buy a retail product.  Designing for paper has its place.... its slow and costly. 

Good luck with Paper Only Affinity Publisher.

Fort Worth, Texas, USA

360texas45x145.png.5010085b8e416bd91bd1ceae8235573c.png

On 9/11/2018 at 4:25 PM, 360texas said:

This product appears to be limited to paper and printing products.

And that is a good thing in my opinion.

Web and print design are completely different things and require completely different techniques in the background.

Your example of outputting packages of printproducts to present on the web is a valid point but I do not think that a layout program should be capable of that kind of output. This would rather be a mockup in a 3D-program or maybe something one can do with Affinity Designer.

Cheers :)
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Printed material is why this software has been created, and it does a very good job.

Some day someone will ask to include a word processor in it, and another will ask for a spreadsheet editor. Why not a calculator.... and a mini-web browser.... and a website editor.

There are very good software for these tasks, and many are even free. Being a "Jack of all trades and a master of none" can be applied to software too.

I don't see why you put printed content with snail mail in the same phrase.... You sound like you just discovered the Internet and fast connexions to it... good for you. But printed stuff will not disappear before a long time. Just go in any store... any, and compare printed material to "digital" stuff. Your shoes came in a printed box....

Now that you wished good luck to Affinity , why don't you stop whining here and try to find a good Website creator Software. Good luck.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"