You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi fls-eugene,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Affinity Publisher is still in Beta. It is NOT suitable for production/commercial/critical work. We cannot guarantee that it will work flawlessly at this point. Changes/updates during the Beta may also render previously created documents unusable.

Dear @fls-eugene well you can give it a try but making sure you understand @MEB point here mentioned.
i would suggest you actually link the files to your photo-book instead of embedding them in the project as we often tends to do.

I've done a 28 pages project combining works from ADesigner + APhoto (both mac) > APub and it went smoothly and well, thus to make sure i don't kill the whole country by doing too much technics; i linked the photos (and even .afphoto - afdesigner) and all created vectors (exported in png or tiff) and just did the text work straight in APub; that's the workflow i've tested which works.
i believe from that point you can develop something else that suit your demand and that will help you understand the progress of APub in these Beta days.

@MEB personally APUb works well on my side and i'm actually correcting projects made with ADesigner or APhoto with APub because it's simply delivers better colors, better pdf and better "many things i often need" and even visually my assistant designer (my wife :x) and i are satisfied with the result but we also believe Serif should push it more forward and we expect 1.7 series to be able to kill the Thanos of impatience and it's army of bugs thus ending this infinite war :P... Only for a few months until we ... Design & Creative Avengers! are called to fight on another project thus asking for new gadgets to Serif Stark ! :D (a bit of fun here)

Edited by Arnaud Mez
More clarity on contribution made in this thread

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3