You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke size display (properties) box issue?

Hello,

I am running the current AD beta RC3 (1.1.2.2384) and am seeing a bit of overlap in the stroke size properties (or at least that is my best guess at what that is called) at top left area of workspace.

Simple steps I performed:

1. Use pen tool to create a path
  2. Click 'Brushes' tab to show brushes pallet
  3. Select 'Textured Pen 3' to apply to path

Issue shows right away. I am running AD with defaults across the board on fresh install.

27" iMac (late 2013), 3.4 Ghz Core i5, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 775M (2 GB VRAM)

Added: OS X 10.10.3 Public Beta

I have attached a screenshot JPEG to help show the issue (red arrow points to problem).

Not sure if it is something on my system or the program itself, but wanted to report just in case.

CorkyO

post-8683-0-67132800-1427041154_thumb.jpg

MEB,

Glad to help.

Love the new program(s) so far. Especially the speed of loading and working in program(s).

I miss a couple of features I use constantly in Illustrator like the new apply gradient to stroke (perpendicular to stroke) and wishing for either path offset or a contour tool (similar to what I used to use in CorelDRAW 12 years ago when I was on Windows at home). I believe there are feature request threads about those, so I will add a +1 to those posts.

FWIW, outside of the easy use of the program(s) so far, I also love the ease of install and update via MAS (or simply copying the .app file to an external for backup). Very nice compared to the behemoth install procedure for Adobe apps (not really knocking the apps as Illustrator and Photoshop are still great if overly bloated).

Looking forward to further developments for Designer, Photo and Publisher.  ;)

Best regards,

CorkyO

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One last bump in hopes this gets addressed in the MAS submit version. Still not fixed in the current RC (1.2.1.26110 RC1).

It may be an intended feature, but the overlap of the visual stroke of the stroke size text doesn't seem right to me?

Either way, I really do love both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. I believe that Steve Jobs said something to the effect of: "technology should get easier as it gets more advanced". The Affinity products definitely make me feel like my $2000+ USD 27" iMac is a beast instead of some bloated, resource hungry software that makes it seem like an old, used machine.

Really, really looking forward to the way these run on El Capitan if written to take advantage of metal.

FWIW, I use Adobe CC 2015 at work (since we run a Windows based environment) and have run the new versions of AI, PS and LR on my Mac at home since I have a seat license allowing 2 computers. Not a great experience even though there is no question the tools are all there for just about any project. Looking forward to some of those tools being added to Designer and Photo over time.

Keep up the great work. Also, just waiting for the MAS version of Photo to become available and I will be purchasing that day!! :lol:

• Staff

One last bump in hopes this gets addressed in the MAS submit version. Still not fixed in the current RC (1.2.1.26110 RC1).

It may be an intended feature, but the overlap of the visual stroke of the stroke size text doesn't seem right to me?

No, it is most definitely not intended. :) Just keep reminding us of course it still isn't fixed.

Most excellent, team!!! The issue is indeed fixed on my end with the just released RC2.

Attention to detail = good!

The new app icons (both Designer and Photo) are kinda cool. I like that they have a character of their own.

Thanks a million. These programs really are fun to use. Will post anything else I come across as I move more toward using these programs full-time at home.  :P

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.