You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unhandled Exception error

Hello,

First I do not do Professional Desktop publishing, only small projects for my club.  Here is the problem I encountered.

I opened Publisher with a single page.  Then made a Master page with a gray background and a graphic banner at the top (a png image). Save it ok, reloaded it ok.  THEN, I applied the Master page to my one page document.  Saved it.  Tried reloading it.  Received the Unhandled exception error.  Tried numerous times with several new documents, same result.  Any time I applied the Master page and saved, the next time the project loaded I got the same error and project would not load.

Out of curiosity, I uninstalled the latest BETA ( .58) and reinstalled the previous one, ran the program, created the same project, saved it, closed it.  Opened the project with no errors reported, worked as expected.

To summarize:  A project with applied Master Page for me works properly and loads properly after saving when using the BETA 1.7.0.57  and does not work properly with 1.7.0.58.  I am using a Dell XPS 8930 with 12GB ram running Windows 10 64 bit.

• Staff

@JGansett

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Yes there is a known problem with images applied to master pages often not loading back into build 58, sorry. We are expecting this to be addressed in build 59, but I have not tested the fix yet

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.