You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad / storage workflow

I’m traveling with a Sony A7rIII (80mb/raw file), my iPad Pro with affinity photo and an iCloud storage of 200gb.

1. is there any way to view my shots on my iPad with the sd adapter except for importing them to my camera roll first?
  2. If not - should I disable iCloud first before importing the files, open them one by one (no other option possible in affinity right?), delete the bad ones and turn on iCloud again?
  3. how do you guys do it on a trip?

• Staff

When you use a SD card reader on an iPad, iOS loads the built in Photos app automatically so images from the SD card can be imported. I don't believe this process can be disabled as it's built into iOS. 

I use the Photos app to import my images, it allows me to go through them and filter any that can be discarded (originals stored on SD card just in case). In Affinity Photo I then create a project folder and begin to import the images I wish to work on. Once finished I then export these direct to a new folder on my iCloud storage.

I tend not to use iCloud photo sharing or anything like that as I don't need access to the images on all of my devices.