You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latest beta (1.7.0.58) crashes document with image on Master Page

The new beta 1.7.0.58 has a problem where it will not open files created in the old beta if there was an image placed on the Master Page.

See here for reference...

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/66981-crash-when-opening-file-created-in-first-beta-version/

But it seems worse than that.  If I create a brand new file created in 1.7.0.58 (latest beta) and place an image on the Master Page and save the document I get a crash when trying to reopen that document.

When this happens, sometimes when I try to open the file in the old beta in order to remove the file from the master page the old beta also crashes, which leaves no (known) way to recover the file.

Scary stuff!

Can anyone confirm the above

(I'm testing on Windows 8.0)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.