You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher become default app for svg and ai files.

Affinity Publisher is now the default app to open svg and ai files. Surely these files are less likely to be double-clicked into Publisher, but rather imported within an existing document? I would expect Affintiy Design to take the default for these file types.

This happens a lot with the Mac. Fix it by going to the finder and select a file, either sag or ai, and use the get info command. In the Info window change the "open with" menu to whatever you want then apply it to all. 

1.jpg.42426117551a34917f3e032054813bb0.jpg

2.jpg.b31ef7c30cd043429ab2054205e2f280.jpg

3.jpg.090c333653cf2831a8f0fae8b6bf23e3.jpg

hit continue and all is well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Yes, I know how to fix it, but I'm wondering why Affinity 'claims' those types in the LaunchServicesDB in the first place. I don't think simply being the last app installed that uses those filetypes gives it priority, but I could be wrong. I think it depends on the contents of the BNDL data in the app's  Info.plist.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.