Sign in to follow this  
benwiggy

Publisher become default app for svg and ai files.

Affinity Publisher is now the default app to open svg and ai files. Surely these files are less likely to be double-clicked into Publisher, but rather imported within an existing document? I would expect Affintiy Design to take the default for these file types.

This happens a lot with the Mac. Fix it by going to the finder and select a file, either sag or ai, and use the get info command. In the Info window change the "open with" menu to whatever you want then apply it to all. 

1.jpg.42426117551a34917f3e032054813bb0.jpg

2.jpg.b31ef7c30cd043429ab2054205e2f280.jpg

3.jpg.090c333653cf2831a8f0fae8b6bf23e3.jpg

hit continue and all is well.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.12.6

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.270 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.112 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.7

Something similar happens on the Windows side but affects all Adobe applications. What's great about this find is that Affinity Publisher recognizes all layers in the file and the file is also editable in Affinity Publisher. That includes .AI (PDF option) files and .PSDs.

Yes, I know how to fix it, but I'm wondering why Affinity 'claims' those types in the LaunchServicesDB in the first place. I don't think simply being the last app installed that uses those filetypes gives it priority, but I could be wrong. I think it depends on the contents of the BNDL data in the app's  Info.plist.