You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyphenation still doesn't work

This may or may not be related - I did download the file you provided and successfully got hyphenation with one change.

First, the bug I see: when one edits a style (From Text Styles studio, right click on the style, and choose "Edit 'Style Name'"), changes to the Minimum score under hyphenation are not saved. As a workaround, pick a paragraph that is assigned to that style, go to the Paragraph studio, and set the Minimum score there to 1. Then you can update the style from that changed paragraph.

For you, frankwolfraum, you need to set the "Minimum score" to 1, and it will work.

1813273934_ScreenShot2018-09-10at10_49_56AM.png.e4d11b8048d8f4dfa6917ec45852cc92.png

To developers: We need some help understanding what minimum score is. Perhaps it is not aptly named. Or maybe this is something similar to the slider in Indesign for "Better spacing" versus "Fewer Hyphens" :

1529702493_ScreenShot2018-09-10at10_56_08AM.png.f2320418c310b35509147ba1fedd4878.png

Yes, that is the bug I described. Your video may be helpful to show the developers what I tried to describe above.

There is a workaround: don’t change it by editing the style directly. Pick a paragraph of that style, and edit its minimum score from the paragraph studio. Then with that same paragraph still selected, go back to the styles, right click on the style, and “Update Style” to match that paragraph. 

2 minutes ago, Pedrober said:

No luck with Spelling. I have the necessary dictionaries installed in the OS X system. Galician spelling worked with the first Beta for a few days. Then, it stopped. With the second Beta, it has never worked.

You seem to be saying that you now have hyphenation working (the post just before the one I quoted) but spellcheck is not working? That seems very odd.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

At last! Galician spelling was not working for the sake of recently installed new versions of dictionaries. I reinstalled the previous version of Galician dictionaries (13:10) and Spelling works again under Affinity Publisher. Anyhow, it's necessary to get hyphenation working without tricks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.