alsarraf

Assets Search Bar

The application crashes every time a click on the Assets Search Bar.

This bug began appearing suddenly, after years of use. I moved the application to trash to install a new version from the App Store, but, for some reason, the price of the application is showing in the store instead of "Get", as you can see in the screenshot below. I have already bought the application, I don't know why the price is showing !

image.thumb.png.b4578e6b4dd2fbd37f3bf8f47487da2d.png

Is it possible to solve this issue without reinstalling the application ?

Hey alsarraf,

We've seen this issue happen with MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar but so far we haven't been able to reproduce it (believe me, I've tried). At the moment, we're trying to collect as much info as possible. 

Can you confirm the following

1. Are you definitely using a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar
  2. What language is your OS in
  3. What keyboard input are you using
  4. Have you changed any of the default Touch Bar settings from System Preferences
  5. Does it crash when you click in other areas such as Guides Manager, Glyph Browser, Styles

If you are being asked to purchase the app again, it sounds like you may have purchased it from another account. 

22 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey alsarraf,

We've seen this issue happen with MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar but so far we haven't been able to reproduce it (believe me, I've tried). At the moment, we're trying to collect as much info as possible. 

Can you confirm the following

1. Are you definitely using a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar
  2. What language is your OS in
  3. What keyboard input are you using
  4. Have you changed any of the default Touch Bar settings from System Preferences
  5. Does it crash when you click in other areas such as Guides Manager, Glyph Browser, Styles

If you are being asked to purchase the app again, it sounds like you may have purchased it from another account. 

1. Yes, I'm using a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar.

2. English, with Arabic as the second preferred language.

3. English, Arabic & "Arabic - North Africa"

4. No

5. Yes, it crashes when the Glyph Browser search bar and Swatches pallete, and when I try to add a new Character or Paragraph style.

I believe we may have tracked this down to the Accessibility Keyboard from System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard > Enable Accessibility Keyboard. Could you please confirm if you have this enabled or not. If you don't, do you use any other apps to assist with keyboard input?

Thanks!

On 9/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Chris B said:

I believe we may have tracked this down to the Accessibility Keyboard from System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard > Enable Accessibility Keyboard. Could you please confirm if you have this enabled or not. If you don't, do you use any other apps to assist with keyboard input?

Thanks!

Accessibility Keyboard is disabled, and I don't use any other app to assist in keyboard input.

Thanks for letting us know. As we reproduced the crash with the Accessibility keyboard enabled, I'm hoping the developers can put a general fix in. I'll update you once I get any new info.