Hi,

I'm having a problem with bitmap fill. It doesn't work. When I import a seamless pattern (or any pattern), the edges of the pattern extend into lines as soon as I fiddle with the settings. Hard to explain -- see attachment, where I'm trying to fill the floor with a wood pattern.

Is this a known bug? Or is there a workaround?

I'm using latest Mac OS, with Affinity products updated by iTunes, currently on the latest build. By the way, this hasn't always been an issue. Bitmap fill used to work fine on this same computer, maybe a year back. I'm missing this feature.

Cheers. 

bitmap fill bug.png

Not a bug. 

There is an option on the context toolbar that determines how bitmaps are wrapped. Change the mode to find repeating pattern rather than related edge pixels. 

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

50 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

Not a bug. 

There is an option on the context toolbar that determines how bitmaps are wrapped. Change the mode to find repeating pattern rather than related edge pixels. 

Okay, I tried repeat rather than wrap -- same problem, unfortunately.

Related: If I try to delete the layer (because obviously it's not working), it won't delete. It does delete, but doesn't appear to have gone. So I have to close Affinity Designer and reopen. 

Also probably related: I'm getting square pixelation outside the canvas which won't go away. This is not just an aesthetics problem for me, using the software, but these extra pixels will export if I export an artboard (rather than cutting a manual slice). 

Basically, I'm having massive pixellation problems. Anyone else having these same issues?

Sure. Here's one. All sorts of weird things are going on. No idea if it's me or the software. I just tried to do a bitmap fill to check it still wasn't working. It switched to gradient fill as soon as I manipulated the handles on my bitmap, then wouldn't let me delete the layer. (I closed without saving.)

florence_climbing_stairs.afdesign