You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard shortcuts in publisher

I'm not sure what you mean by getting it "back". When or where did it exist before?

Also, I'm not sure how a shortcut for that would help the workflow. You can certanly make a shortcut for File > Place... or for the Place Image tool using Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts if you want. But what good would it do? The shortcut would just open a file selection dialog, where you'd need to switch to the mouse to select the file(s) you wanted, and then use the mouse to position and size them on the page. Why use both the keyboard and the mouse when you could simply use the mouse to select the tool or the menu option in the first place?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

But what good would it do? The shortcut would just open a file selection dialog, where you'd need to switch to the mouse to select the file(s) you wanted, and then use the mouse to position and size them on the page.

On Macs, if you want to, you can navigate through the file selection (& open) dialogs & select files using only the keyboard. You still have to use the mouse to position & size the placed image.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.