You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fine, but big file

Hi, the APu runs fine for my (simple) work. 70 images in a book 70 pages, 25x20 cm, some Text, page numbers. The image files around 5 MB each as JPG.

But the file has 660 MB, the images are linked. But moving the file out of the directory and the directory to another place, give it a new name too, it runs. Starting there was a text, I should tell where the first image is located, but I cancelled it, it runs. How is that possible? Where there only little images shown or did the system found the directory? Or are the images included?

Best regards, lars

There was the problem again, that cmd+back end the programm suddenly.

I would like to have only one button to show no frames, only the print view.

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

1 hour ago, larsh said:

I would like to have only one button to show no frames, only the print view.

Hi @larsh If I'm understanding you right here, try ctrl-w.  Repeat to restore frames.  If it's the various studios that you want to temporarily hide, use tab.

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Ja, that´s it. Thanks, Gary.

I saw now, it is not necessary to use the: load image icon, which move the images fixed over the book. One can open Finder beside and move from there images in auto-frames to pages. Than the snap function makes the rest very quick too. 

Thanks Chris. I didn´t understand it correct, my english you know.

But it seems clear now: "images linked" does not work. To change the document setup to "embedded" changed nothing.

The images are embedded, 740 MB file. If the image directory is deleted, the .afpub runs, make PDF, and blurb.de say: correct.

But allways if I moved the afpub out from the image directory or something else, and change the directory name and move it, next open it gives me a table as in the attachment.

Then I say: cancel, and it works. The number what is asked for is allways the titel (and again in the book).

So for me it is clear.

best, lars

pub.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.