gabriel_komorov

[Photo] Very slow saving

I currently work with two files - each about 3000 x 4000 px and containing ten layers some with filters, but nothing too fancy. Saved *.afphoto files are 45MB and 150MB, but saving them takes ~1 min.

Isn't it too long? Are there any factors which can cause such long times or is it general performance issue with Photo?

Where are you saving to, local drive, networked drive, cloud storage, China?

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

Where are you saving to, local drive, networked drive, cloud storage, China?

ISS

Seriously though - to local HDD, what's more - I also have *afdesign file with bitmaps and what not at around 1GB - and it saves in seconds. Loading in both cases have reasonable speed...

Hey gabriel_komorov,

Could you upload the files to this private Dropbox account so we can look into this for you? 1 minute is a very long time and I can't say I've ever had a document that takes that long to save before. 

It could be the History or Snapshot that is making it slow but having the document will help us figure this out.