You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

19 hours ago, wobmann said:

As an affinity user, I don't want to use adobe programs;-)

In my opinion its important for a professional application in print / prepress, that the possibility of single-page PDF is available.

I completely understand your needs. However, PDF format was authored by Adobe, it's an Adobe file type, it was made open source in 2008, hence why other applications can write to PDFs now. However, not all third party apps are good at writing/creating PDF files, nor are third party apps all compliant in viewing PDFs. Hence, Acrobat and Adobe are still a necesarry evil in this scenario. 

It's my opinon that I always open a PDF in Acrobat, it's the only true viewer of all PDF modules and components, considering that Adobe is the author of the PDF format, it's the only true viewer of actual content. Everything else other than Acrobat is a crapshoot in viewing/outputting PDFs etc.

And there's not really I or anyone else can do about that. PDF format is Adobe.

Right now I work arround this changing the document layout from 'facing pages' to single page.

4 hours ago, TonyB said:

The ability to output as pages and not just spreads will be added soon.

Pre-press often needs bleed on four sides of the page. Perhaps add a viewmode that allows for pages to be viewed next to eachother, but each having their own bleed that can be toggled?

Keep up the amazing work, love Publisher this far! 

On 9/9/2018 at 11:51 AM, wobmann said:

As an affinity user, I don't want to use adobe programs;-)

If you are on a Mac you should also be able to split a PDF using Preview, by dragging the individual page thumbnails out of the sidebar.  Only practical if there are a small number of pages, but depending on what you are doing it might help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Catshill said:

Maybe Really old threads such as these should be archived or filtered in some way to show that they refer to a previous version of the application?

Or, at least ones that have been implemented might be archived somewhere :)

(On the other hand, if it were not available, the most recent poster would have needed to ask, so having it available has helped them, and maybe others.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 weeks later...

If using Windows 10 have you used the built in Microsoft Print to PDF printer?

• Click FILE - Print - From the PRINT window, select Microsoft Print to PDF as your printer from the drop down list
  • Select the range of pages you wish to print in the PAGES box. (This can be a single page, a collection of odd pages separated by commas, or a range such as 2-4.)
  • Change properties if you wish
  • Click OK (which will open File Explorer)
  • Decide where you want to save the file
  • Give the file a name
  • Click SAVE

I have been using this as a simple method of supplying all sorts of different documents as PDF's to printers for years.

Annotation 2020-04-23 140647.png

- Graham

#SeeTechMoreClearly • #WindowsInsider • #EdgeInsider • #Microsoftie
~ Simply and clearly empowering older users of Windows10, iOS, macOS, or Android Devices and AmazonFire Tablets.

• 2 months later...

I had the same issue, but I just discovered that you could take the following steps to export multiple pages as a single PDF doc.

First thing to do is, go to File > Document Setup > Layout

In Layout, check for the drop-down menu next to Start From

Select <Left> (changing it from Right - which is the default setting - to Left).

You'll notice that the pages kind of align or join to make columns of pages of however many pages you have.

*********** ADDITIONALLY *************

Not sure this'll make a difference, but I also did this:

Export the document by selecting: Shift()+Option()+Command()+S or go to File Export

Select PDF and in the Area drop-down-menu, select <All Pages>.

Put in the number of pages made in the Pages box. Then Export

And that's it! It should export as a single document. I hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

I'm a new fan of Affinity (a long-time ex adobe customer).  I recently needed to create an individual pages pdf from a multipage document and found it easy by using the export persona feature available in designer and photo. All you need is a multipage pdf. Open it in affinity photo or designer and use the export persona feature.

I created a how-to tutorial for this since many designers/users will probably want to know. 

https://youtu.be/k2eH1IDg1uI