As an affinity user, I don't want to use adobe programs;-)

In my opinion its important for a professional application in print / prepress, that the possibility of single-page PDF is available.

www.wobmann.com

19 hours ago, wobmann said:

In my opinion its important for a professional application in print / prepress, that the possibility of single-page PDF is available.

I completely understand your needs. However, PDF format was authored by Adobe, it's an Adobe file type, it was made open source in 2008, hence why other applications can write to PDFs now. However, not all third party apps are good at writing/creating PDF files, nor are third party apps all compliant in viewing PDFs. Hence, Acrobat and Adobe are still a necesarry evil in this scenario. 

It's my opinon that I always open a PDF in Acrobat, it's the only true viewer of all PDF modules and components, considering that Adobe is the author of the PDF format, it's the only true viewer of actual content. Everything else other than Acrobat is a crapshoot in viewing/outputting PDFs etc.

And there's not really I or anyone else can do about that. PDF format is Adobe.

Right now I work arround this changing the document layout from 'facing pages' to single page.

4 hours ago, TonyB said:

The ability to output as pages and not just spreads will be added soon.

Pre-press often needs bleed on four sides of the page. Perhaps add a viewmode that allows for pages to be viewed next to eachother, but each having their own bleed that can be toggled?

Keep up the amazing work, love Publisher this far! 

On 9/9/2018 at 11:51 AM, wobmann said:

If you are on a Mac you should also be able to split a PDF using Preview, by dragging the individual page thumbnails out of the sidebar.  Only practical if there are a small number of pages, but depending on what you are doing it might help.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:48 PM, db Jazz said:

Just found the solution:

File / Export.../ Area (drop down menu)

Choose: 'All Pages' 

voila....

Trust this is helpful.  ~db

Beautiful. Thanks so much.