You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

I'm tempted to put something up but I've done it before and regretted it. People don't see their favourite feature on the list and use the opportunity to shout down the other features and it all ends badly.

Perhaps you Mac using designer types would give us an easier ride though  :)

TonyB.

I'm tempted to put something up but I've done it before and regretted it. People don't see their favourite feature on the list and use the opportunity to shout down the other features and it all ends badly.

Yeah, that is a "risk".

And while there will always be few people shout down other features I think the majority of the people will appreciate your openness and bravery.

The shouting people will be there anyway, roadmap or not.

While you guys may remember the "shouters", users will look past that and see a company that is willing to take them seriously, letting them know what to expect, that wants to know what we think. 

By being transparent about what's coming (Even if it's nog written in stone...) you let us know where we're going with you, before we get on the Affinity Designer train.

Yeah, that is a "risk".

And while there will always be few people shout down other features I think the majority of the people will appreciate your openness and bravery.

The shouting people will be there anyway, roadmap or not.

While you guys may remember the "shouters", users will look past that and see a company that is willing to take them seriously, letting them know what to expect, that wants to know what we think. 

By being transparent about what's coming (Even if it's nog written in stone...) you let us know where we're going with you, before we get on the Affinity Designer train.

Especially the last one is important: I personally did ask about a couple of features via Twitter and Facebook and a Staff member confirmed future development of "crop marks" and "bleed" features for the software -- both are so important for my work that they weight into my decision to purchase AD as soon as it comes out.

So, a list of features planned to integrate during the promised free upgrade period could keep future users informed and might shuffle them towards a purchase as well.

In addition, revealing the features in development will save some time because you don't have to confirm or deny the same request over and over.

Dealing with features that are not on the list is easy as well: Just collect every wish, give it a good think and update your list from time to time. Tell people not to tell and / or push for something but to suggest the feature once and trusting in you that you will evaluate it.

Alternatively you could create a voting form / page where all suggestions are listed and registered users can vote for everything they would use on a regular basis -- this could give you a good insight in which functions are most sought-after and could influence the order in which stuff is implemented in a very user-focussed way.