Skybolt

Affinity Photo crash when moving curves

New to Affinity Photo but haven't had luck using the product.  I am using Affinity Photo version 1.6.5.123 for windows.  Product loaded on Windows 10.

Here is what is happening.  I open Affinity Photo without any other applications running.  I click File, Open and open a RAW file.

With the file in Develop Persona I click on Curves.  As soon as I move the curve in any direction Affinity freeze and the whole computer is frozen.  Keyboard and mouse locked.  I have to press the power button on the computer and restart.  Even with a JPG file when I go to do some curve editing a complete freeze happens.

When I check %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports folder its blank.  No files in this folder.

So far I haven't been able to use the product to edit one single file without it crashing.  So Affinity Photo has been a useless product.

Computer specs:
CPU: i7-7567U 3.50GHz
Memory: DDR4 8 GBytes
Motherboard: model NUC7i7BNB
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650

Affinity.jpg

Hi Skybolt,  Out of curiosity, have you tried to to develop an image without using the curves adjustment?  Then, I wonder if you suffer the same crash when using the curves adjustment on a layer???  I tried to duplicate what you are describing in develop, but the behavior I am seeing is no problem with curves.  Maybe a fresh reinstall after a reboot of the system??  Just a couple of ideas to get you off the schnide.

Here is one of the files I was trying to edit when the whole computer locks up.  When it locks up you can't use the keyboard or mouse and have to power down the computer.  Its gotten to the point I have had to uninstall the software as its completely unusable at this point.  I get mid way though some editing and poof it locks and you can't do anything.  I was still trying to learn all the in's out's of the software but it has become to frustrating to keep rebooting the computer.

I have turned off everything running that's now associated with windows and tried just running Affinity but that didn't work either.  I uninstalled the software and reinstalled but problem was the same so I uninstalled and went up and got the latest version, " Windows - Version 1.6.5" but that acted the same.  Again below are the computer specs.

Computer specs:
CPU: i7-7567U 3.50GHz
Memory: DDR4 8 GBytes
Motherboard: model NUC7i7BNB
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650

Respectfully

Dave Rigau

P1020044.RW2

Hi Skybolt,

Thanks for the file - unfortunately however I still am unable to get the locking up you are getting. Could you try the 1.7 beta and see if that works any better? If that does still crash could you go to the following location and see if any crash dumps have been output.

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\reports\

Thanks,