You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when opening file created in first Beta version

Uploading the file may help the Developers understand/fix the problem

If it is private send it to them privately

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi,

Is there a list of downloadable beta versions? I'm experiencing the same issue and I've read that the prior beta did not have this issue. While I'm aware crashes are to be expected, I did now lose the file I was working on, and I want to be able to open it again so I can at a minimum copy it to Designer.

Thanks!

@OliverG

It does not like your logo image file on your master page

The logo works OK on a normal page but not on a master page, not even on a new document (document crashes on opening)

Attached is a copy of your file with the logo removed, you should be able to open this with the current (newest) beta

Trading Folder english no logo.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Thanks to OliverG and one or 2 others we now have sample files that show this problem. We have at least one bug here. We believe this relates to (embedded) images placed on the master page of a document not reloading into #58.

IF you did not put images on your master page but cannot reload your document we are still interested in you providing your file as there may be more than one cause for these crashes.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 hours ago, carl123 said:

@OliverG

The logo works OK on a normal page but not on a master page, not even on a new document (document crashes on opening)

Attached is a copy of your file with the logo removed, you should be able to open this with the current (newest) beta

Many thanks!

Nevertheless, in the previous version the same file worked fine.

4 hours ago, carl123 said:

@OliverG

Great, now it's working.

Does anyone know (or can help), why the bleeds only work on the following pages but not on the front page? I'm not an expert in DTP and can't find the error. Don't think it's a software error. Many thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.