nosillacast

Document Setup missing from File Menu (1.70.58)

According to the documentation, Document Setup is supposed to be in the File menu but I sure can't find it! Luckily looking to see if someone had already noted this, I found out Document Setup is in the context toolbar so I've got a way to find it. Thought you'd want to know.

Affinity Publisher no document setup.png

Probably the same problem as this one, which also points to a way to temporarily fix it until it is resolved.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

Thanks Walt - that fixed it!  For others the solution is simply quitting the app and reopening to get it to load the menus correctly.  There was a suggestion it had the Affinity Photo menus but it wasn't quite that, other menus looked correct.

I'm pretty sure that your screenshot is not from Affinity Publisher.

*edit* I saw in another post that it 's a bug. Sometimes it picks the menu items from Affinity Photo.

Edited by NickJ

If you follow the link Walt helpfully sent over, the bug appears to be Affinity Publisher showing the Affinity Photo menus instead of it's own, which is why it looks like I'm in the wrong app (but I wasn't).  Quitting and restarting as suggested in the other thread brought up the correct menus so I can now see Document Setup.  Weird bug, isn't it?