You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR improvements/features needed (Batch!)

I'm an architectural photographer and I like Affinity's HDR ability enough that I would really like to replace Oloneo with Affinity in my HDR in my workflow, but there are a few things that are preventing me from doing so:

Most importantly, batch processing is absolutely critical; I see that batch processing is possible for developing individual images, but it doesn't appear to be an option for HDR. This the deal breaker for me.

Chromatic aberration correction would be best applied automatically before the HDR processing. With that said, chromatic aberration correction doesn't appear to do anything; the defringe feature seems to make a little difference, but not enough, and is a bit cumbersome and imprecise (in photoshop I know exactly which value to type in for a given lens or focal length).

The merging/tonemapping/etc process is very slow compared to some of my other HDR apps, however, this wouldn't be a deal breaker if batch processing was an option.

There are some other minor improvements I'd like to see, but these are really what keep me from using or recommending Affinity. You really have a good start though; it pulls highlights that Oloneo, Photomatix, Nik HDR effects, etc can't, and does so cleanly without halos, "smoke damage", color casts, etc. What is also great is that it is so close to being an all-in-one tool, that would eliminate me having to rely on multiple applications for my workflow, so I really have high hopes for Affinity's progression...

I also do not see the benefit of defringe or color tool when working with an HDR photo.  I watched the Affinity youtube video and when I did it, the tools did almost nothing.  Very little impact to the point it was worthless.  Is there another resource to look at?  Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...