You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Frame Stroke

Thanks for the response but, this doesn't help me add a stroke to only one side of a text or picture frame. I can do it with para rules in InDesign for top and bottom of a text box but it's an imperfect workaround and still doesn't give me the option for on side or the other or, even with gutters. Tables are also not the best way to do this, neither is a nested graphic.

Thanks.

For text frames you could try Paragraph panel/Decorations. It's not ideal but it might be usable.I don't know if it can be done it with a picture frame. As a workaround you could always use an ordinary rectangular black frame and use the crop tool to remove the edge(s).

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

Hi fairweather,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
For text frames check the Paragraph panel, Decorations section as MickRose suggested. There's no similar options for picture frames. You can however draw a straight line (Butt cap) with the Pen Tool, place it as you need in relation to the picture frame, group both and make an asset from them. You can then drag the asset to the page when you need a similar element, replace the image simply dragging another one over it and adjust the picture frame size (width/height) dragging the handles of the whole group.