1 hour ago, Morgoth said:

I know I am new to this type of program but, is the print preview window off when looking at how it fits onto a page?

If you're asking whether it's showing something inaccurate, it has looked OK to me so far. Could you provide a screen capture that shows the problem you're seeing, and some additional info about the document setup and print setup?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.270 Beta

11 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

I can't find a print preview option at all! Where is it?

Not an option; it's something shown automatically as part of Publisher's Print dialog, on Windows, at least.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.270 Beta

OK, very strange. Today I went through the same process of copy/paste into AD. Then went to the print dialogue box that shows the preview window. Guess what, today it fits to the page. I am unsure what I did differently, if anything. The preview shows that it fits into the page. Yesterday when the dialogue box appeared I needed to keep resizing what I had pasted into an AD document to get it to fit. So I am not sure why today when I did the same steps that it now shows that it fits.

Print screen Affinity.png

Fit or shrink to printable is misleading for me. If I understand this correctly, then e.g. an A4 document is fit to A3 paper or an A3 document is shrinked to A4 paper. What is not working is printing an A4 document with graphic elements at the edges on A4 paper to be shrinked respecting the printer margins (should be approx. 92%).

Somewhere else it is better solved. There it is (roughly translated) called "Scale to page size", which could mean that a document e.g. 30 x 45 mm is printed nearly covering the bigger paper including respecting existing printer margins. Only ONE option where you don't have to think about document and paper dimensions. ;)