You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PERMANENTLY SHOWING - DISPLAYING (NOW HIDDEN) ADJUSTMENT TOOLS & MENUS?

Hello,

Attachments 1 & 2 show the edit adjustments available on Mac OS's Photos app. When you open a photo in Photos, and click on the Edit button and you get quite a few edit/adjustment tools available to you on the right-hand pane. They are, of course, not as many as are available on AP; and nor can the Photos app do as many things as AP can as it's not meant for professional use like AP is. 

However, it's VERY time-consuming and annoying to have NOTHING available in plain-sight on the AP app, whereas there's so much available space to add these tools to (eg the huge empty grey pane on the left under "Macros", and even in a new tab there if that's necessary. So far I have been able to access tools only via the drop-down menus (See attachments 3, 4 & 5) which, apart from wasted time going back-and-forth each time I want to try something, means that I have to memorize what each tool does exactly in order to open that tool specifically.. :( :( The Photos app may not be as professional a tool as AP, but it gives us buttons and sliders immediately available and always open to play around with, one after the other, on instant. 

PLEASE TELL ME that there's some kind of hidden command that UNhides all the tools on the AP interface so that we can have them open (where we can see & use them) at ALL TIMES? It's crazy having to "hunt" for them every time, and open each one separately, and have to re-hunt for each next one.. :( 

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 04.30.45.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 04.31.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 04.21.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 04.21.31.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 04.38.52.png

Go to the Adjustment Panel and click on its Title Tab, that brings it to the front, Now click again and hold the mouse button down, now move the mouse over to the vast grey space on the left and move the mouse either up or down until you see a blue band, now let go of the mouse button.

You have just moved your first panel, you can expand some of these panels by cursoring over the space where two panels meet and you should see a two headed vertical arrow with a horizontal bar in the middle, click and you can expand or contract that panel vertically.

572225787_ScreenShot2018-09-08at08_16_03.thumb.png.79eb4945ed3591f0ce4189cdf33dc55e.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

3 hours ago, Wosven said:

Hi @henryb,

Please, don't shout the titles of your posts with caps locks, we can read them the same way if you wrote normaly. :)

i wasn't trying to communicate shouting - it just looked more suitable to capitalize the title when the rest of the text is is lower-case :P 

2 minutes ago, henryb said:

i wasn't trying to communicate shouting - it just looked more suitable to capitalize the title when the rest of the text is is lower-case :P 

idea.gif If you don’t like ‘Sentence case’ for titles, try ‘Title Case’ instead (i.e. initial capitals except for prepositions).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Go to the Adjustment Panel and click on its Title Tab, that brings it to the front, Now click again and hold the mouse button down, now move the mouse over to the vast grey space on the left and move the mouse either up or down until you see a blue band, now let go of the mouse button.

You have just moved your first panel, you can expand some of these panels by cursoring over the space where two panels meet and you should see a two headed vertical arrow with a horizontal bar in the middle, click and you can expand or contract that panel vertically.

i don't get it - if you look at my 3rd screenshot you'll see that I only have ONE tab ("Macro"). I don't get how to add another panel there (I'm assuming that you mean that I can add an "adjustments" panel there - as I am not trying to move any tabs - since I only have one..)?

5 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

idea.gif If you don’t like ‘Sentence case’ for titles, try ‘Title Case’ instead (i.e. initial capitals except for prepositions).

ok, ok, I get it - my hitherto capitalizing of titles is perceived as "shouting" :P I stand corrected - will henceforth "shout" no more! :P :P 

There you go Henry

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

IF THIS IS SHOUTING... is this whispering?

If you say something in your head, what do you say it with? and just as important, what do you hear it with? 

BTW, 2 side-questions:

1. if you look at the sky in the 1st screenshot you'll see that it has become pixelated after I fixed the color levels of the tree lighting to what they really looked like. What tool (or brush) would I use to paint over (?) the pixelated sky to smoothen it out and get rid of the pixels (while maintaining the sky's color, as is? Is there such a tool?

2. Again, in the 1st screenshot (in the Mac Photos app) you will see a White Balance "Warmth" slider (selected in the Neutral Gray spectrum). This I have to be found very helpful tool so far. Is there a tool in AP that has the corresponding effect?

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2018 at 3:40 PM, firstdefence said:

IF THIS IS SHOUTING... is this whispering?

If you say something in your head, what do you say it with? and just as important, what do you hear it with? 

Writing and reading are but a simulation of speech! :P 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:34 PM, Wosven said:

1. You can do this in different ways: use a live gaussian blur filter only on this part, or use the Blur tool (first one in the picture below)

2018-09-08_172908.png.13881f4f2d56cb7d6deec50c6fd4f333.png

How do I do that? Do I first have to select the sky and then use this filter on the selection? And how do I use the blur tool? Like a brush?

2 hours ago, henryb said:

How do I do that? Do I first have to select the sky and then use this filter on the selection? And how do I use the blur tool? Like a brush?

Select the sky, you can refine the edge a bit by using Select > Feather, Smooth or Refine Edges... Once you are happy with the selection add some Gaussian blur, It is sometimes better to add blur in stages so instead of adding say 21px of gaussian blur add 3 sets of 7px. Once the gaussian blur has been added put a bit of noise back into the sky using the Live Filter: Add Noise, you might want to zoom in a bit to try and match the noise to the unedited area's of the image, again small amounts are better.