You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting issues

In the first and second beta, I've had difficulty exporting PDFs. If the export dialog shows "Calculating," but doesn't end up showing a file size, Publisher can't make a PDF. Instead, it creates an error: "An error occurred while exporting to..."

I haven't been able to find a reason why this is happening, but it occurs on many files. Anyone else getting this?

• 4 weeks later...

As of this latest beta, exporting to PDF isn't possible. I still get an endless "calculating," but no ability to export without error. Anyone else dealing with this? My files are a mix of afphoto, psd, eps, etc. Are there known issues with non-Affinity files imbedded into a document?

Hi, first of all - sory for my terrible english. 

I have problem with export to. When i try to export my work to PDF for the first time since open the file, everything goes ok. Everything except strange window where i have to allow access to folder and files (screen). On the second try Publisher crush. Not always, but very often.

Another strange thing - this is happening only when i try to save PDF to iCloud folder, except Desktop and Documents (i have these folders in iCloud). Save on local folders also doesn't cause problems.

On screen is about multiple files - it is no true. Try to export 1 file and overwrite existing one.

screen.png

Actually, figured it out! Publisher was struggling with the font I was using, which was an older PostScript Type 1 (I believe Type 1, since it came with an scr file in addition to the type file). 

Removing this font allows me to export now, no issue.

This leads me to one thing I can't seem to find. Is there a way to outline fonts within Publisher? I haven't been able to figure that out yet, besides going back into Affinity Designer or anther vector program.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi coolieranx,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Click the More button in the PDF export dialog then set the Embed fonts dropdown to Text as Curves. To convert a text object (or other shape) to curves in the program select the object then go to menu Layer ▸ Convert to Curves.

Perfect! Thank you so much!!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.