You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: Export selection with stroke saves with padding.

• 4 years later...

I don't think my issue is exactly the same as the OP, but close enough.  When I export shapes that I have drawn with the Pen tool, (export SELECTION as PNG), there is a bunch of blank space around the image, and I have to crop it before using in my dev work.  In contrast to the OP, the shape is the correct size (40px x 40px), but the resulting PNG is 84x84px.  Is this really still an outstanding bug? 

First image is export from Designer; second is what I expect, and what I get after cutting out the transparent padding using Photoscape X.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 1.00.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 1.11.57 PM.png

45 minutes ago, GregoryOR said:

I don't think my issue is exactly the same as the OP, but close enough.  When I export shapes that I have drawn with the Pen tool, (export SELECTION as PNG), there is a bunch of blank space around the image, and I have to crop it before using in my dev work.  In contrast to the OP, the shape is the correct size (40px x 40px), but the resulting PNG is 84x84px.  Is this really still an outstanding bug? 

First image is export from Designer; second is what I expect, and what I get after cutting out the transparent padding using Photoscape X.

Please supply your original .afdesign document, and confirm what release/version of Designer you're using.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, GregoryOR said:

Did you see this post ? apparently they have that bug tracked, but in my case it was a little different I guess, since it was with the outlined shapes.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:19 PM, GregoryOR said:

Wasn't sure which thread it belonged in, but in this thread, it was supposedly being bumped up to the dev team in 2018, if it is indeed, the same bug.  Could be user error though, so wanted to confirm first.

I don't think it's the same bug as @Xakiru mentioned, as their bug involved using FX, which yours doesn't as far as I can see. Nor do I think it is the same as the original bug that started this topic, but I can't be sure as the earlier report it references is now hidden.

Perhaps @Lee D will comment further.

Thanks for supplying the file.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1