You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets tab works but could we have a new tab perhaps labelled 'User' on which the user can put their own assets rather than adding them to rather crowded existing ones? Perhaps a tutorial on the use of assets which many don't seem to understand? 

Hi Arba, 

I have regularly used assets for a long time. However I have seen from quite a few threads that people don't seem to understand how or what the Assets tab can do and that's why I wondered if a tutorial on Assets could be posted on the Publisher Beta tutorials page.  Thanks for the link and I'll watch it to see if I can improve my use usually to store text clips and logos that I frequently use across documents

Pman

Have found out that Publisher Beta  lets you create a new category and sub-categories in Assets.  Therefore my first post is in fact redundant.  When I'd tried to find a way earlier I had been clicking on the properties button of an existing sub-category of the iOS12 assets, instead of the properties button of the Asset panel itself at the top right. 

This is shown on the attached document Creating Assets categories

However this is certainly something that needs to be covered in a tutorial such as the one in Arba's post [above] - obviously there must be some differences between Publisher for iOS and for Windows. I run Windows 10 and the Assets panel in Windows is ENABLED by default whereas the video above says you have to enable it as it is DISABLED by default. 
If you are not up to speed with using assets to speed up production, please do watch the video, it is very informative.

Pman

Creating Assets Categories.afpub