You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hot key or Icon for Picture Frame Properties

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Robert Laskey said:

Has this been resolved? I don't find any shortcuts or workarounds for this.

No. Items on the Context Toolbar generally do not have shortcuts.

For a workaround: You can save a Picture Frame with the options you commonly want as an Asset. Then when you want another one you can drag it onto the page from the Assets panel.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 9/7/2018 at 6:45 PM, clamnuts said:

every time I need to Scale to fit etc.

Pretty sure you can synchronize and save the defaults so Publisher knows what you like everytime you start it

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, carl123 said:

Pretty sure you can synchronize and save the defaults so Publisher knows what you like everytime you start it

How exactly can one save the default settings for different tools? 

I for example pretty much always use command Scale to Max Fit. Right next to Properties in Context Toolbar is the icon for Size Picture Frame to Content. Why don't we have other shortcuts?

We definitely need those.

6 minutes ago, brunoczech said:

I for example pretty much always use command Scale to Max Fit.

First add an image and select that option

Then...

Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from Selection
Edit > Defaults > Save

Close Publisher and when you reopen it, it will always default to Scale to Max Fit

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 minutes ago, carl123 said:

First add an image and select that option

Then...

Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from Selection
Edit > Defaults > Save

Close Publisher and when you reopen it, it will always default to Scale to Max Fit

Sir, you are my hero.

Thank you!

If you have any more of these tricks, send them over! :-)))

6 hours ago, brunoczech said:

Except that it doesn't work every time. Not even within the same document... :(

Even if it did, the hotkeys are still very crucial. Designing is all about experimentation, trial and error. Hotkeys will make this possible.

• 2 months later...

+1 for key commands for Picture Frame Properties. One can also access the properties by right clicking on the picture frame and viewing the Frame Properties contextual menu.

I also wish there were an icon or some visual indicator on the selected frame showing what property is being applied.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.