You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Special characters in Find & Replace

I've been advised to report this as a bug.

I tried to use the search icon to find special characters as I read in another post somewhere. I was able to enter them into the find, and by copying and pasting, also in the replace box, however the boxes for replace and replace all  remained greyed out.

11 hours ago, jrkay said:

Sorry to mess you about, I chose the wrong thing, instead of paragraph break I picked line break so naturally it didn't work.

I chose the right thing and it worked like a dream.

John:

I have a doc that's filled with (what are now) double paragraph breaks, and I wanted to replace them with single breaks.  Is this similar to what you were doing?  How'd you find the code to enter in the fields?  I'm looking for that myself.

You don't need code all you do is click on the magnifying glass and then on Paragraph break twice for the find and then CTRL C and CTRL V into the replace box and then press find once to find the first one in your document, you'll find the two replace choices are offered to you and then you're away.

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.09.08_09h12m24s_001_.png

2 hours ago, jrkay said:

You don't need code all you do is click on the magnifying glass and then on Paragraph break twice for the find and then CTRL C and CTRL V into the replace box and then press find once to find the first one in your document, you'll find the two replace choices are offered to you and then you're away.

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.09.08_09h12m24s_001_.png

Or, rather than CTRL+C and CTRL+V you could click on the down arrow in the Replace box and select the character you want directly, which might be simpler.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.