You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG - Updating links

I have a file with about 8 files that were linked. I had to edit the files so then went to Resource Manager (having finally located it... see other thread) to update them. Then exported to PDF. A weird error came up and it didn't manage to overwrite the previous export.

Exported again with a new file name and then noticed that all the links were replaced with the same file. I'm not sure when this happened, but I assume it was part of the process of updating the links.

When I updated the links, I selected all the ones showing as 'modified' and clicked 'update'.

Unfortunately, I now need to go through re-Placing the files.

Now going through the files in Resource Manager and correcting the files.

Twice now, I have managed to correct two placed / linked images. The third caused a crash both times.

Going through slowly, file by file, and saving between I have now managed to put the correct images back.

I'd say this is a pretty major bug. You can't have a DTP app replacing images with different files on its own.

@Chris_K

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi robinp

I can say I've seen this and I am not aware of this being reported from others yet. Have you had it occur in 128 or with any other files? Probably a long shot but are you able to provide the file that did this?

I had it saved for a while but after no response to it for a while I deleted it. I'll see if I can dig out from our back ups.

16 minutes ago, Chris_K said:

Of course you can use this link

Two things:

1- The content is confidential so please deal with it in a suitable manner. Please do not pass it on and it is only to be used for tracking down this bug

2- Is the above link a standard link if I need to send files in the future?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.