You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed margins too faint - 1.7.0.58

So I see some very very VERY faint lines that are my bleed margins. How do I make them so I do not need to squint? Basically want them to stand out to easily see my bleed margins like in Indesign. As is it is pretty much the same as not having them unless I look really really hard. They should stand out much more to easily and quickly see. 

42724805680_e606ced0b0_b.jpg

**edit**

Ok I did lighten the background colour which makes it way more readable. Still would prefer something that stands out a bit more and would be functional no matter what colour background you use. Really the only way you can see the current bleed lines is if you use a white background. 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:07 AM, postmadesign said:

I agree, they are only visible on a really light or really dark background. Best would a user defined color, or a color that changes depending on the color of the background (like a cursor changes from white to black depending on the background)

Or they could just look at Indesign and the years of fine tuning and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. In Indesign the guides stay forefront, they cannot be covered by anything to you place on the page. So no need for colour options or customization (not a bad thing, but not necessary).  The only way the guides disappear is viewing in preview mode (just hit "w"). Which is a feature I would like to see implemented if not there already (cannot find it). Preview mode gets rid of all outside objects and guides to see the finished page view. Very helpful and something I use regularly. 

9 hours ago, wonderings said:

Which is a feature I would like to see implemented if not there already (cannot find it). Preview mode gets rid of all outside objects and guides to see the finished page view. Very helpful and something I use regularly. 

Try Ctrl+W.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

16 hours ago, R C-R said:

Try Ctrl+W.

Not sure what that function is even for, but not even remotely the same as Indesigns preview

Here is Indesign and you can clearly see the document is cropped to preview after hitting "w" for preview mode:

43897773564_fcb08a8e71_b.jpgScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 10.15.13 AM by B P, on Flickr

And now Publisher, you can clearly see that all hitting "ctrl w" does is remove any guide lines, page lines, bleeds lines and just leaves a big clear view of the picture, inside and out of the document. Not helpful and again not sure what the purpose is for it. 

44617302921_46648823c2_b.jpgScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 10.15.27 AM by B P, on Flickr

28 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Not sure what that function is even for, but not even remotely the same as Indesigns preview

It hides all guides, including grids, guides, text flows, margins, & bleeds, the latter being the subject of this topic.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Just now, R C-R said:

It hides all guides, including grids, guides, text flows, margins, & bleeds, the latter being the subject of this topic.

Why would you want to work without knowing how big your page is? Anyways, that is a different function then the preview function I would like to see added. 

1 minute ago, wonderings said:

Why would you want to work without knowing how big your page is?

Control-W's "Hide All Guides" function does not prevent you from seeing the current page size. It is just a simple toggle function to quickly turn off & on the guides so you can see the page with or without the clutter.

Affinity Photo 

13 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Why would you want to work without knowing how big your page is? Anyways, that is a different function then the preview function I would like to see added. 

I think you want to clip to canvas and have that command part of the hiding guides, etc. The clip to canvas is the \ key.

4 hours ago, Coffee said:

Bleed looks ok to me, I don't understand the complaining. Sorry I realized I posted on the mac version since I'm using windows.

guides.jpg

It is too faint with some colour backgrounds. If they just followed Indesigns lead on this one there would be no issues. The magenta colour Adobe uses does not get lost no matter what colour you make your background. If you look at my first post with the first image you will see the bleed line is very hard to see. 

On 9/11/2018 at 10:59 PM, wonderings said:

It is too faint with some colour backgrounds. If they just followed Indesigns lead on this one there would be no issues. The magenta colour Adobe uses does not get lost no matter what colour you make your background. If you look at my first post with the first image you will see the bleed line is very hard to see. 

I get you point now, maybe it will be implemented in a future update. I'm just happy I have the option to see the bleed, I'm waiting for Designer to have visible bleed as well.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.