You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is a general issue on the three apps from Affinity, maybe not a bug but a "not a feature" but is a nasty issue.

When you change a setting in a pane, on most cases, you can't use tab key to go to next field. Yes, it works good on the color mixer, but don't work in almost any other panel. You change a field, and the next tab is interpreted as a regular tab instead of going to the next field. That means than most of the time I end with the studios hidden because tab hide it instead of going to next field.

Is the only set of apps I know that doesn't let you navigate fields using tab key and forcing to make a click in each field that you need to modify. I don't know why, because the color mixer works well, so it is clear that is feasible feature.

Only other exception is in dialogs, that works because you are on a window and can't go anywhere until you close it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Daniel Gibert, and all,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. This is indeed something that could be more consistent/improved but it's not exactly a bug and affects all the suite, not just Publisher. I'm moving it to the Suggestions for Affinity Range ( current & future ) since this section is just for reporting Publisher bugs. We may have this already logged as an improvement, I remember this issue was brought up a few times here in the forums. I'm checking this out and will fill an improvement request in case I don't find one. Thank you all for your feedback.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:17 PM, MEB said:

Hi Daniel Gibert, and all,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. This is indeed something that could be more consistent/improved but it's not exactly a bug and affects all the suite, not just Publisher. I'm moving it to the Suggestions for Affinity Range ( current & future ) since this section is just for reporting Publisher bugs. We may have this already logged as an improvement, I remember this issue was brought up a few times here in the forums. I'm checking this out and will fill an improvement request in case I don't find one. Thank you all for your feedback.

Thanks for the feedback!

• 3 years later...

Surely this is not impossible to fix/implement, I grant you it is probably very boring work to go through every panel's input fields and fix them but Please do it.

Tab.        Go from field to field.

Return/Enter.  Accept the entry and exit the field.

Escape.      Do not accept the entry, just exit the field.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.