Hi, what kind of a macbook I need at least to work with 50 MB RAW?

There is now a MacBook Air i5, 1,3 Ghz, 4 GB Ram. That works, but very slow, it becomes hot and often the ventilator runs. 

Thanks

lars

AP 1.7.2 // AD 1.7.2 // Apu 1.7.2: Capture One+ 12; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.13.1, early 2012 (ret), flsh 256 GB, RAM 16 GB; // Fuji X-Pro2, XF 18 - 55, XF 55 - 200 mm, nikkor 2.8/ 20 mm with shift 

1 hour ago, larsh said:

Hi, what kind of a macbook I need at least to work with 50 MB RAW?

There is now a MacBook Air i5, 1,3 Ghz, 4 GB Ram. That works, but very slow, it becomes hot and often the ventilator runs. 

Thanks

lars

Your machine will be really overworked trying to do what you want.

Laptop choice - 13/15" MBP of the last three generations with the RAM maxed. 4 core preferred.

Desktop - same applies to the iMacs although 4core preferred. The Mac-mini is more capable than some would think but if you want the Retina screen not good value.

PS:- as an X-T2 user I can say without doubt that Affinity does NOT handle the RAF files at all well (very slow opening and develop) so on a slow machine this will be exacerbated!

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Ja, thanks, I will get another mac, i7, then we will see. Normally I use Aperture, sometimes for specials AP. I yust tried RAF to PGN, may be it is a little better, it became hot but without the ventilator.

lars

AP 1.7.2 // AD 1.7.2 // Apu 1.7.2: Capture One+ 12; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.13.1, early 2012 (ret), flsh 256 GB, RAM 16 GB; // Fuji X-Pro2, XF 18 - 55, XF 55 - 200 mm, nikkor 2.8/ 20 mm with shift